What is offered
- Family business founded in 1978.
- Permanent job within a high-growth company.
- Year-round employment stability (40 hours per week).
- Job site easily accessible by public transport / on-site parking.
- Competitive Group Insurance Plan, including virtual medicine.
- RRSP (Registered Retirement Savings Plan) and DPSP (Deferred Profit-Sharing Plan) with Employer contribution.
- Employee and family Help Plan.
- Comprehensive integration plan.
- Specific training programs according to job title.
- Numerous internal career development possibilities.
- Cafeteria service subsidized by the Employer.
- Allowance for purchasing safety boots and clothing.
- Referral Program with $2000 premium.
- Social Club activities and more!!
- College diploma (DEC) or professional diploma (DEP) with equivalent experience, in a relevant field.
- Fluency in French (oral and written).
- Minimum 2 years of experience in a similar position, in a manufacturing company.
- Knowledge of the MS Office suite.
- Knowledge of “Lean Design” and “Design for Manufacturing” principles.
- Knowledge of basic mechanical assembly techniques, mechanical welding and sheet metal.
- Knowledge of configuration.
- Knowledge of dimensional and geometric tolerancing.
- Rigor, meticulousness, and analytical skills.
- Resourcefulness and autonomy.
- Creativity and good 3D vision.
- Knowledge of CAD software: SolidEdge (an asset) or SolidWork.
- Good management of time and priorities.
- Interpersonal skills and ability to maintain good interpersonal relationships.
- Ability to work in a team and in collaboration with other teams.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to provide quality service and then manage internal customer expectations.
- Knowledge of drawing standards.
- Draw standard boxes and special boxes, according to the drawing standards in force. This includes sub-assembly drawings, standard components and/or options, according to customer requirements (quote and factory order).
- Design and model in 3D various standard and/or optional components (according to customer needs) and draw up 2D drawings.
- Correct, if necessary, the list of materials (BOM) on existing drawings and other drawings.
- Perform revisions to existing 2D drawings.
- Enter and maintain information in the ERP system and/or engineering records.
- Validate the drawings so that they are compliant in terms of quality and operational efficiency.
- Actively participate in improving the product, manufacturing processes and engineering processes.
- Using formulas and variables, configure parts and assemblies.
- Perform all other related tasks in support of the department.
Our Corporate Culture
Together, we are building the transport solutions of the future.
A human and efficient company, Transit will be recognized for its quality truck bodies offering a wide range of configurations and designed for eco-responsible logistics.
respect, pride, collaboration, fun